Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Leaves will change, but my heart remains the same...

With the outcome of the election, interesting conversation has sparked in our office. Some ladies were talking about this being a strong sign of the endtimes. When people talk about Jesus coming back soon, it always makes me think about the things that I want to do before I spend eternity in Heaven. I know that it is going to be great, but I guess my human instinct makes me want to finish and tie up loose ends before I leave this world. The main thing that consumes my thoughts is wanting to find Mr. Right, get married and have children.

Is it wrong for me to want to experience these things?

Part of me feels like a bad Christian for wanting these experiences.

I don't think God would place a strong desire in my heart just to keep it from me. I need to step back and remember that God is in control. He knows what is best for me. He has someone chosen for me already and I need to trust that He will bring this guy to me when He feels it is the right time...not when I do.

2 comments:

Josh and Lane Whitlock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh and Lane Whitlock said...

Sweetie, I don't think there's a think wrong with having the desire to do things here before the Lord's return. God DOES have someone set aside for you already and I agree with if the desire is there, God will fulfill it. Whether that be a wife and mother here on earth, or a mother figure to those children in heaven whose early parents aren't with them. Either way, the desires of your heart, God will fulfill somehow. Keep faith Liz...you're amazing!