Monday, October 13, 2008

Hometown Glory

This past weekend was the big festival in my hometown called Apple Butter Makin' Days. I can't remember ever missing the event in all my years. It was the fifth year I've been back since I graduated from high school. It still is a bit strange to go back home for it, but through the years it feels less strange. Seeing people I went to high school with, but not knowing what to talk about with them is part of what makes it strange or awkward. I had fun and just enjoyed a piece of toast with delicious apple butter on it.

Apple Butter Makin' Days always gets me ready for Fall. Even though it was 80 degrees this weekend, I am definitely ready for the leaves to change to the vibrant reds, oranges and yellows and fall from the trees. I'm ready for cooler temperatures. I'm ready to wear hoodies. I'm ready to enjoy cups of hot tea. I'm ready for chili and potato soup.

G'day to you!

1 comment:

Josh and Lane Whitlock said...

LOVE IT! Wish I could have been there....with YOU! Let's talk about our favorite fall things sometime soon...possibly over a long phone call soon?!? ;-)